#9 My Top 16 Beatles Songs
Hi Rubies! With the 50 year anniversary of Abbey Road just passing I thought I could do a Beatles themed post. Now this one was hard as you probably know the Beatles are probably my favourite band ever (Closely followed by Queen). I originally wanted to 10 top favourites but then I ended up with 16 and couldn’t cut it down (lol). Now, I will say I love pretty much all of their songs so I could still easily add to this. I tried to put them in order as best I could, 1 being the most favourite. Here’s my list:
- In my Life – My favourite ever Beatles Song
- Hard days Night – One of the first Beatles songs I heard, and used to watch the hard days night film on repeat. I also used to get the whole mini bus to sing along this to one when I did horse riding lessons in primary school.
- This Boy – Another one from the hard days night film.
- Here there everywhere – One I actually listened to fairly recently, and loved it ever since.
- Yesterday – A classic and it’s passed into the stuff of legends of how it was written (This song came to Paul in a dream – amazing)
- I Should’ve have known better – Another hard days night classic.
- Eleanor Rigby – Very catchy and just a very good song. I like the story of how this was written too, how Paul was trying to think of a name for his character and eerily by coincidence there was a grave in the graveyard near his childhood home that had an ‘Eleanor Rigby’ in it. Spooky.
- Don’t bother me – A George Harrison penned song that is brilliant and doesn’t get enough credit. Unfortunately I feel his songs get overshadowed when his songs are just as brilliant.
- You’re gonna lose that girl – Another underrated song.
- Strawberry Fields – Strawberry fields and Lucy in the sky are about level in the ranking on my list, very unique, out there, brilliant songs.
- Lucy in the sky with diamonds – ditto above.
- You’ve got to hide your love away – Underrated song.
- Nowhere Man – Brilliant, emotional song.
- Penny Lane – It was cool in James Corden carpool karaoke with Paul to see them drive round singing penny lane with Paul pointing out the spots of inspiration for the song in penny lane.
- While my guitar gently weeps – Another George Harrison masterpiece.
- Here comes the sun – Ditto above.
What’s your top songs?