Hi Rubies! Hope you’re all keeping safe and well 🙂 Todays post is all about what’s been happening this month. This month has been a very positive one for me, in terms of music and personally. I’ve been in a very good head space and I also have had the opportunity to be out playing some live gigs again which has been amazing and has made me so happy!
So I will start off with the non-music related and then go onto the music stuff after. As I mentioned by headspace has been pretty good and I’ve felt very positive for the most part. I’ve got myself into a better sleep schedule, I’ve started running a little bit again and spent time watching videos/reading books on things that enrich my mind and are about positive thinking. I also have started meditating, something I’ve wanted to try for a while. If you would like to learn more about the things I’ve found helpful for all these things, I talk about it a lot more in depth in my August Favs video which you can watch HERE. If you don’t want to watch the whole video, I will just leave some recommendations here of things that I’ve super helpful to having a more positive mindset:
- evan carmichael on youtube (Positive thinking, believing in yourself, top 10 rules of success from well-known figures such as Oprah, Ed Sheeran etc). I like to watch this daily to keep my spirits high and learn lots of useful tips that I can apply to my own life.
- The Calm App (It is free to get a feel of it but I would recommend trying the 7 days premium to get a real feel for it) I did also try Headspace which is another good one, but went for Calm in the end. Try them both and see what you like best.
- MyPossibleSelf App. Recommended by NHS, it’s great to log your mood and has modules about well-being, handling stress etc and it’s FREE.
- You’re a badass – how to stop doubting your greatness and live an awesome life by Jen Sincero
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- I’ve also started reading the 7 habits of highly effective people by Stephen Covey, which seems good so far
- been really enjoying my fitbit Charge 2 as well as the free version of the fitbit app
Next I will have a chat about some of the musical things I’ve been doing this month and then below I’ve linked a few photos and videos. Like I said in the beginning it’s been really great to be able to do some live gigs/busking again! I’ve really enjoyed playing both at the Exeter Guildhall Street Food Market as well as the Midsummer Night Market as well! Such great atmospheres, and has been great to play again and also see some of my music friends! I’ve been doing a lot of work on my original song called ‘Pretty Lies’ which I am recording, producing etc myself and will eventually be out on spotify/itunes etc. It’s a piano song which is a change as usually everything is on guitar. I am really pleased with how it’s turning out and can’t wait for you to hear it! I don’t have a definite date for release yet, although I want to release it this year if possible, so stay tuned 🙂
I also spent some time at the brilliant Brazen Sound Studios for the Brazen Acoustic Sound Sessions! I will have some video from it to share in the coming weeks, professional live recordings of some of my songs, video and audio 😀 I would highly recommend Brazen Sound Studios to anyone looking for a fab music studio! Not far out of Exeter, in Tedburn Road, They offer lots of options; recording, rehearsal rooms to use, promo videos, photography and more. Check out some photos I took as well as their links below for more information.
Photo montage below. Amazing artwork by Brazen Studios very own talented Shelley!
I also have been spending a lot of time learning new things on guitar and mastering my fretboard. I really want to learn all the notes really well so it makes songwriting easier. Just some of the other things I’ve been learning: Here comes the sun, Norweigan Wood, the intro to Wanted dead or Alive. I will share videos of my progress with these at some point as well.
So thanks for reading this post! Would love to know how your august has been also, either leave a comment down below or let me know via Facebook/Twitter/Instagram 🙂 I’ll leave you now with a couple of photos and videos 🙂
Hannah Ruby xo
Photo montage from Exeter Guildhall Street Food Market and Midsummer Nights Market 🙂